'Future Stars' Sports Excellence Program
PBC’s Sports Excellence Program is proposing to introduce a new “Future Stars” program in 2022. This Program will be available to students entering Year 7-10 in 2022. The program aims to cater for the diverse needs of emerging athletes who compete in individual based sports (swimming, golf, table tennis, squash, gymnastics etc) AND athletes who are involved in team-based sports that are not currently catered for in existing SPX programs (cricket, water polo, hockey, volleyball etc).
- 3 x 70 minute lessons per week
- Year 7/8 HPE theory units
- Year 9/10 AIS mental skills modules and Personal Well Being courses
- Academic support / study time
- Individualised strength and conditioning / recovery programs
- Fitness testing and benchmarking
- Physiotherapist assessment /access to dietician and sports psychologist
- Guest speakers / presentations
- Application forms are online at pbc-shs.eq.edu.au/curriculum/excellence-program
- Completed application forms and other required documentation to emailed to email@example.com by 1 September 2021.
- Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria;
- Representation level attained in relevant sport
- Effort / behaviour grades on latest two report cards
- Applications from current PBC students and those in-zone will be considered. NO OUT-of-catchment/zone students will be considered for this program.
- A minimum number of suitable students must be attained in order for the Future Stars Program to run in 2022. Placement in the program is timetable dependent.
For any further information please email the Head of Department for Sports Excellence Mr Neil Mackay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply fill out the below form:
Future Stars Application Form (PDF, 596kb)