Academics, Creative Arts and Sports Excellence
Applications for Sports Excellence ~ ROUND 2 for Year 7, 2022 and Years 8-11 2022 are now CLOSED.
Year 7, Round 2 AND Year 8-11 2022 - Sports Excellence Trial Dates for rugby league and soccer have now been rescheduled. See below document.
Sports Excellence Trail Dates (PDF, 174kb)
Applications for Creative Arts Excellence and Academic Excellence ~ for Year 7, 2022 are closed.
Applications for Years 8-12, 2022 are open for Creative Arts Excellence and Academic Excellence programs.
Entry into our Excellence programs is selective. Students will need to undergo an audition/interview for Creative Arts Excellence and trial in your chosen sport for Sports Excellence.
Year 8 - 12 students applying for the Academic Excellence Program are selected by individual assessment of school reports, competition achievements and NAPLAN results. No examination is required. Applications are open all year for Year 8-12.
To find out more information about our Excellence Programs, select the program you are interested in under the Excellence Programs tab, to the left.
'Future Stars' Sports Excellence Program
PBC’s Sports Excellence Program is proposing to introduce a new “Future Stars” program in 2022. This Program will be available to students entering Year 7-10 in 2022. The program aims to cater for the diverse needs of emerging athletes who compete in individual based sports (swimming, golf, table tennis, squash, gymnastics etc) AND athletes who are involved in team-based sports that are not currently catered for in existing SPX programs (cricket, water polo, hockey, volleyball etc).
- 3 x 70 minute lessons per week
- Year 7/8 HPE theory units
- Year 9/10 AIS mental skills modules and Personal Well Being courses
- Academic support / study time
- Individualised strength and conditioning / recovery programs
- Fitness testing and benchmarking
- Physiotherapist assessment /access to dietician and sports psychologist
- Guest speakers / presentations
- Application forms are online at pbc-shs.eq.edu.au/curriculum/excellence-program
- Completed application forms and other required documentation to emailed to email@example.com by 1 September 2021.
- Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria;
- Representation level attained in relevant sport
- Effort / behaviour grades on latest two report cards
- Applications from current PBC students and those in-zone will be considered. NO OUT of catchment zone students will be considered for this program.
- A minimum number of suitable students must be attained in order for the Future Stars Program to run in 2022. Placement in the program is timetable dependent.
For any further information please email the Head of Department for Sports Excellence Mr Neil Mackay on firstname.lastname@example.org.