School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SATs) allow high school students to work for an employer, train towards a recognised qualification, and complete their secondary school studies. They are available across a wide range of fields, from automotive to business; hospitality to watchmaking. SATs provide students with:
- Qualifications or skills that are recognised Australia-wide, and that can count towards the Queensland Certificate of Education
- Hands-on experience in a workplace
- Paid work
- The chance to also work towards an ATAR score
- Confidence and contacts to move from school to work or further study.
SAT notifications are sent to the Pathways Centre daily. Employers looking for potential employees will:
- Email or post an "Apprenticeship/Traineeship/Position Vacant" advertisement directly to our school. We post these advertisements immediately on our Job Board in our Pathways Centre.
- Offer Apprenticeships or Traineeships to a PBC student who has completed a successful work placement organised by the Pathways Centre.
Students completing a SAT may go to work one day per week, must be paid the award rate, and attend TAFE or a private College for the theory component of their traineeship/apprenticeship (eg. monthly, fortnightly, week block basis). They must attend school for the remaining four days.
Completion of a SAT gives valuable points towards the student’s Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE). The number of points acquired will depend upon the type and level of certificate completed, but is always at least four points.
As well as obtaining a Certificate level qualification, School-based Traineeships can also increase a student’s rank and increase chances for entry to TAFE or University.
Ignite Education: https://www.ignite.edu.au/job-vacancies/
Aurora Training Institute please visit their vacancy page: http://www.aurora.edu.au/schools-program/
Prestige Staffing Solution vacancies, Please visit this link for more opportunities: https://prestigestaffingsolutions.org.au/job-board/