The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (or ‘The Duke of Ed’) is an exciting international youth development program. Anyone between the ages of 14 and 24 can take part and the best bit is you choose your own activities and set your own goals.
The Duke of Ed has 3 Award levels. To finish the Bronze and Silver levels you have to complete 4 Award sections and 5 for the Gold level.
You design your own program around the things that interest you most.
The Award sections are:
- Voluntary Service - get involved in your community and give service to others.
- Skills - build your skills in something practical or creative, such as drawing, painting, fishing, or music.
- Physical Recreation - take part in something active such as football, basketball, dancing, surfing or swimming.
- Adventurous Journey - discover a sense of adventure and do something challenging with your friends.
- Residential Project - Gold level only
You'll have an Award Leader, instructors and assessors who can help you decide on activities for each Award section but remember, it's your choice.
To complete an enrolment form:
A parent permission form: Parental Consent Form (PDF, 307kb)
Also complete the enrolment application online https://www.onlinerecordbook.org/fo/
You can also download the app on your smart phone. Search "ORB Program" or "Duke of Ed" in the App Store.
Award Centre: Palm Beach Currumbin State High School
|Tammy Burns||CJ Walsh||Thomas Flood|