PBC INTER-SCHOOL SPORT 2020
Inter-school sport will now run as a GALA DAY across 5 full Wednesdays in Terms 1-3 to improve competition in both competitive and recreational sports.
An advantage of the Gold Coast 5 (GC5) model is that we are able to have multiple teams across all sports, which maximises our student participation. PBC will compete against Benowa, Robina, Elanora and Pacific Pines State High Schools in the inter-school sport competition.
- Every student is expected to participate in an activity on the gala days.
- Students will select their preferred activities during extended CARE classes on Wednesday 29 January 2020 (Week 1).
- Please discuss the sport options with your student taking into account costs etc, so they can make an informed decision.
- Please note there will be limited opportunity to change sport.
Selection options are:
Group A: GC5 Inter-school Sport COMPETITIVE Division
- Focused on competitive sports (results, tables, draws)
- Winner will go through to crossover finals
- Governing body to referee most games
- Cost is $75.00 payable before the first round of competition in Week 7 of Term 1.
Group B: GC5 Inter-school Sport RECREATION Division:
- Non-competitive environment – but still playing against other schools
- Focused on participation and enjoyment
- Winner will not go through to crossover finals but a winner is still awarded
- Teachers or coaches to officiate
- Base cost is $50.00 payable before the first gala day in Week 7 of Term 1
|Tenpin Bowling||Male/Female||$90 (pay at venue)|
|Snooker||Male/Female||$50 (pay at venue)|
|Skateboarding||Male/Female||$50 (professional coaching)|
Group C: School Based RECREATIONAL Activities
- Students will rotate through 4 activities per sport day in house groups.
- Cost: Nil
Activities may include:
- Beach walking
- Undercover games: eg table tennis/handball/short tennis
- Board games
- Trivia/Quiz games
- Craft activities
Group D: SPECIALIST/ALTERNATE Activities
These activities are for specialist groups such as Sports Excellence and Creative Arts Excellence Groups.
|Sports Excellence training||For those sport groups who play in elite competitions and are not involved in GC5 inter-school competitions. (Mainly applies to Sport Ex groups such as Tennis, Surf Sports, Rugby League and AFL)|
|CAX groups Specialist workshops||For Dance Excellence, Music Excellence, Visual Arts Excellence, FTV and Drama Excellence students only.|
|House Surfing Competitions ||Surf comps against other PBC students.|
Only available to students in Years 8-12 with a surf survival certificate or equivalent.
|Function Planning/VET||Workshops on function planning|
|Debating||Debating for Middle School and Ethics Olympiad for Seniors|
|Digital Literacy and Makerspace activities||STEM, maker space, robotics and coding |
|Specialist Maths and Math Methods tuition days||Open to Year 11 and Year 12 students taking these subjects|
|Golf ||Coplicks Tallebudgera - $20 Per day including club hire|
|Lawn Bowls||Tugun Bowls Club – Cost TBA|
|Fitness and Lifestyle Program @ JETTS Gym (Year 9/10 GIRLS only)||Cost TBA|
|Craft Activities||PBC Art Block|
|Telstra Mayors INNOVATION challenge||Encourages students in our region to start thinking today about the possibilities of tomorrow. The awards have the purpose of encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship, helping students to unlock their problem-solving potential and take their ideas to the next level.|