School Operations Term 2 Week 6
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Yesterday we welcomed back the entire student population. Whilst it is not quite business as normal, it is great to have the students back at school.
Although the wider PBC school community has had no positive COVID-19 cases to the best of our knowledge the school will continue to:
- Employ additional cleaners who will be rostered on through the day to work on a circuit to continually clean high density common areas
- Provide hand sanitizer and surface spray
- Encourage social distancing in classes to reinforce that life is not quite back to normal
Some additional school information in brief:
- Students can wear their Reds (sport uniform, not SPX training gear) on a Wednesday for the remainder of the term
- Extra academic support sessions for Years 7 to 10 will run on Thursday mornings from 8:15am in N11 and N12 starting this week. This is in addition to once a week Tutoring which occurs in the afternoon in IDT3.
- The GC5 Interschool sport for Years 7 to 12 has been cancelled for the remainder of the year. Information about refunds will come home soon.
- We are trying to organise a substitute Year 7 to 10 interschool sports program with those schools who want to compete to be held commencing in August.
- All International school trips (except the NZ Ski Trip) have been cancelled until at least July 2021.
- Camps and excursions are unlikely to resume before October.
- Sports Excellence programs are occurring as per federal government guidelines.
- We are contingency planning for Parent-Teacher-Student interviews and Year 10 SET Plans which usually occur in July / August.
- Graduation and Formal are still going ahead as per email sent last week from the Senior School.
Unless the situation regarding COVID-19 changes here at school or to the extent that the Queensland Government changes school operations, this will be the last COVID-19 update. Next Monday will see the resumption of the school newsletter. You can also follow the school on Facebook @PalmBeachCurrumbinStateHigh and Instagram @pbcshs.