COVID-19 (Coronavirus) School Update
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Today the State Government announced that schools as of Monday 30 March will not operate as normal. From Monday, schools will be functioning in a Student Free Day environment. As mentioned in my last update, we had planned for this eventuality and outlined our operations which haven't changed as a result of this announcement.
For students in Year 12, as outlined on Tuesday, we are moving ahead with exams as requested by the majority of students and staff. In brief:
- Students who do not sit the exams will no longer suffer an academic penalty as outlined in a QCAA decision handed down earlier today.
- Students who do sit the exams will reduce their assessment workload in Terms 2, 3 and 4.
- A separate email has been sent to all Year 12 students and parents today to outline the exam schedule and information around senior secondary assessment. Contact details for the Senior Secondary leaders will also be attached for you to ask questions.
For students in Years 7 to 11:
- Year 10 and 11 normal classes will not be running from tomorrow. Year 10 Maths exams will still run on Monday.
- Normal classes for all Year Levels will not be running from Monday.
- Students of essential workers who attend school will be allocated to Year Level groups in the Senior Quad each morning
- Teachers will be working on online content and Term 2 planning and will be contactable via email
As students work from home, there is a Government and school expectation that they complete their assigned work and not frequent common public places such as shopping centres.
With a reduction in face-to-face contact with the students and the holidays only a week away, the Student Welfare Team have provided a list of online resources for students who may need support in these difficult times:
The Qld Department of Health have update the website:
You can also call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for health advice.