Palm Beach Currumbin State High is committed to fostering a balanced, yet dynamic curriculum within a friendly community where all members may achieve their potential. We value quality teaching and learning and we aim to provide diverse and challenging experiences which equip students for their roles in society.
Values and Beliefs
Our values and beliefs are central to the way in which staff carry out their tasks. These values and beliefs are:
- Students should work in a positive environment where they are expected to strive towards their full academic, physical, social and cultural potential.
- All students are responsible for their behaviour. Each person has the right to strive towards his or her potential in a positive environment where behavioural standards support the learning process.
- Teaching and learning are central tasks. These are dynamic processes where different learning styles require a variety of learning experiences.
- A curriculum responsive to the changing needs of our community best prepares students for their roles in society.
- Parents, teachers, and students share responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning.
- Success is a key to learning. Recognition of success develops motivation.
- The welfare and professional growth of teachers are important and should be facilitated.
- The individual members of our community are our greatest resource. They should appreciate their own worth whilst valuing and respecting others.
- Supportive and cooperative relationships enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Effective communication is essential among all members of the school community.
- Value learning
- Come prepared
- Be on time
- Listen in class
- Participate fully
- Consider others
- Remember good manners
- Be well-dressed
- Respect property
- Have a positive attitude