Not sure which career path is right for you? Do you need help to get a job?
The Pathways Centre can connect students and school leavers with a range of employers who are looking for someone just like you.
The Pathways Centre at PBC is a specialised job resource facility designed to help our students fulfil employment possibilities.
Located in Y Block at the front of the school, our Pathways Centre provides information and advice about many employment opportunities.
Our Pathways team can help coordinate Work Experience,
School Based Apprenticeships, Traineeships and offer assistance with Part Time Jobs and Full Time Jobs for students and school leavers.
Our range of services include:
- Help to identify potential apprenticeships, traineeships and work placement opportunities
- Daily Job Board notices
- Resumes, Job Applications and Selection Criteria advice
- Computer room access for students to complete job searches, resumes and applications
- Interview techniques and tips
- Mock interview training
- Provide career advice, planning and goal setting
- Access to our job search facilities
- Assessment of your skills and career interests
- Provide Work experience opportunities
- Coordinate short courses and accredited training
- Personalised ongoing support and training
Courses advertised at the Pathways Centre are often available at reduced course fees to PBC students. We encourage students to visit the Pathways Centre to find out more.
The Pathways Centre is open before school and during first break every day.
Students who wish to apply for job placements, work experience, traineeships, apprenticeships or upcoming courses, must register with the Pathways Centre by filling in a Registration Form and submitting their resume.
For more information about career choices available to you, go to www.myfuture.gov.au
, Australia's career information and exploration service.
Our Pathways Team
- Sonia Shreeve - Pathways Centre Manager